Can you join us in the #TwoPointSixChallenge and become a ‘Home Hero’?
We’re inviting you, your family and friends to take part in The 2.6 Challenge from Sunday 26 April to help to save the UK’s charities including the Dove Service.
The organisers of the London Marathon, the biggest mass-participation sports event across the country, have come together to create a new campaign to raise vital funds to help to save UK’s charities like ourselves, launching The 2.6 Challenge on Sunday 26 April – what should have been the date of the 40th London Marathon, the world’s biggest one-day annual fundraising event.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a devastating effect on charities like ourselves, as we are now seeing the postponement of many fundraising events and a significant fall in client donations for the Dove Service due to our offices being temporarily closed. We still want to be there to support you though and our counsellors are all now working from home and are still delivering telephone counselling to clients’ on our waiting lists. Any monies you donate or fundraise via the 2.6 Challenge will go towards supporting our core services, enabling us to continue to provide our counselling services to children and adults beyond the pandemic.
So what are we asking of you?
We’re asking if you, your family or friends can take part in an activity of your choice based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 and either fundraise or donate to support the Dove Service via twopointsixchallenge.co.uk – support #TeamDove
Whatever your age or ability, there are a host of challenges to choose from, some of our favourites include –
- Jump on the one leg 26 times
- Hula Hoop 26 times
- Go for a walk with the dog for 2.6 miles
- Do 26 cartwheels
- Complete 26 keepie-uppies or headers
The ideas and options are endless – take a look at some fun challenge ideas HERE!
The only requirement is that you must follow Government guidelines on exercise and social distancing and please #staysafe!
Most people are taking part on Sunday 26 April, but you can do your activity whenever is most convenient for you as the challenge will run from 26 April for one week.
There are just five simple steps to take:
1. Select your 2.6 challenge (see link to the list above)
2. Click HERE to register your DONATION (you can make a donation of £26 or whatever you can afford) OR you can set up a FUNDRAISER on behalf of the Dove Service
3. If you’re planning to fundraise, please ask all your friends and family to sponsor you and challenge them to do their own 2.6 Challenge
4. Complete your challenge
5. Share a photo or video of your challenge on social media with #TwoPointSixChallenge and either tag the Dove Service Facebook page or use the hashtag #TeamDove